Sunday, January 22, 2012

Well, she's done from the waist down now.  Having done her belly before her bum, when I got to the concave curves inside her bum, I had a really hard time getting my dremel in there to grind down the welds.  Kept bumping the back end of the dremel against the belly and couldn't quite reach the welds.  It was slow going and I had to get creative with my approach, but I worked through it.  I'll have to make sure to be careful when I'm working on her upper back and her bust.  I'll have more of those inverted curves inside her breasts, so I should probably do the bust first, then the back.  Noted. 


Moving into a new section, it's time again to look a few steps ahead.  I'm back to working on the four thicker wires, trying to get them shaped all the way up to the shoulders, which means defining the shape and size of the whole upper body.  Not ready to lock the shoulders in just yet, but it's getting pretty close.  I'm currently trying to get the right profile curves in the spine and the chest.   Then I can go back and start filling in the ribs and back. 

So much fun watching her continue to take shape.

Been falling in love with a new (to me) band this week.  Wye Oak.  One of many songs I can't stop listening to... Siamese.

No comments:

Post a Comment