Sunday, March 4, 2012

Well, it took a while, but I'm finally happy with the ribs.  I put about a week's worth of time into them, and suddenly realized I didn't like where they were headed, so I hacked them off and started over.  They were a little too literal, and weren't fitting the rest of the piece.  Since I redid them, they fit perfectly.  Still look like ribs, but stylized like the rest of the piece.  The back has also been filling out really nicely as well.  Beautiful design.  I've finally reached the bust.  Which I've also redone.  Remember a month or so back when I adjusted the lines of the thicker wires to follow the underside of the breasts?  Yeah, undid that too.

So now, looking ahead, I'm going to be focusing on the breasts, shoulder blades and underarms.  Then the face.  Ohhhhh, the face.  But first I need to dial in those thicker wires, which are now bent way out of shape and filled with chunky bends, and lock those in at the shoulders.  Oy.  Fun days ahead.

Here's a pic of the back.  Loving this compared to the way the ribs were originally.  This has been an incredibly challenging piece so far, but I'm thrilled with the way it's turning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment