Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's been a really productive week since I last posted.  I actually finished the foot and the ankle over the weekend.  As it began filling out, it really took on a nice shape.  Finding and following the lines has been fairly easy so far.  Alas, wire work like this doesn't really photograph well.  The camera sort of flattens it and you lose that third dimension in a lot of the curves.  Especially if you're looking at two layers over each other.  I can see that's going to be a problem for this blog.  I get all excited over a night's work and then when I look at the photos, they're pretty unflattering.  At least some turn out alright.


I started working on the calf and shin tonight.  It's looking good.  I'm realizing it's going to be pretty slow going though, a little more so than usual, but it's worth all the time when the lines finally show themselves and the curves emerge. 


So it looks like this week will be all about the lower leg.  Hoping to make it to the knee by this weekend.  We'll see.

Song of the day:  Escape Velocity by The Chemical Brothers.  I couldn't stop playing this song over and over this weekend.  I just love how it builds and builds and then just explodes... and then keeps on going.  Chemical Brothers are good at that.  Seems to be a gimmick of theirs.  Anyway, this is from their latest album, which I didn't even know existed til last week.  Loving me some Spotify.

1 comment:

  1. it was really great to see her foot when i stopped by this weekend. you're right that sometimes the photos flatten the actual sculpture and when i saw her i was really excited at how gorgeous the form was taking. :)

    ReplyDelete