Saturday, October 29, 2011

No pictures today, but I made pretty good progress this past week.  Not as much as I'd have liked, but that's par for the course.  I'll probably say that a few hundred times before I finish. 

I stalled for a few nights while I sought out the lines in the leg.  If you'll remember, there were two thicker wires that I started out with, making the arch and outer edge of the foot, meeting back at the Achilles tendon.  Those two wires, and the eventual matching pair from the other leg, will twist and turn their way through the whole body, following the main contours of her form.  From the Achilles tendon, they worked their way up creating the lines of the calf.  That was where I temporarily got stuck, finding their transition into the thigh.  There are so many great muscle lines in the thigh, it was hard deciding which ones to follow, and how they'd then transition into the the next section of the body.  They will eventually work their way through the thigh, the hips, stomach and spine and out through the arms.  I need to think a few sections ahead with these wires, because how and where those lines move into the next section determine how everything else will then fill in the current section.  I found the lines in the thigh though, and am now filling in the shin and calf.  I'll try to post some pictures later this weekend.

This song got me through a few nights this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment