Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Well, in a bit of a holding pattern here.  You know how I've been saying I've been doing so much grinding?  Woke up to an itchy eye on Monday.  I assumed it was because I only got a few hours of sleep on Sunday night, but by Monday night, it was getting red, scratchy and watering.  I put some Visine in right before I went to bed and it felt like it made it worse.  Woke up this morning and my eye was dark red, puffy, really scratchy and incredibly light sensitive.  Even just turning on my phone in my dark room, with my bad eye covered, was enough light in my good eye to make it feel like someone was digging their thumb into the bad eye.  Weird.  Went to the eye doctor and it turned out there was a piece of metal in my eye that had already started to rust.  The doc gave me some numbing eye drops, then took a needle and first scraped off the piece of metal, and then scraped off the rust ring on my eyeball.  He said it would most likely scar, but thankfully it wasn't on my pupil, so it shouldn't affect my vision.  He gave me a few more numbing drops so I could make it home before it got scratchy again, which it did a few hours later.  So now it should be red, scratchy and watering for a few days, then should start getting better.  Still light sensitive, so I can't do any welding for a few days.  Bummer.  But I guess it could have been a lot worse.  So, time to move from safety glasses to safety goggles.  Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. so thankful you are healing my friend.

    the lady you are creating is one that will wait for you. :)

    ReplyDelete