Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yes!  Just had a fantastic weekend.  Incredibly productive.  I worked til 5am both Friday and Saturday nights and hit a huge milestone.  After a little over two months on the project so far, I finally finished the legs! 



That not only means that I get to move on to her torso now, but also that I no longer have to kneel on the floor all night to work.  My knees are thrilled!  I even added a few feet of pipe to my speed rail rig tonight, raising it to make room for the next round of wires.

I spent the rest of tonight shaping the hips.  Haven't quite found the lines yet, but I'm close.  So far, the two thick wires from each leg have been confined to only interacting with each other as they moved up the leg.  Now they split off from the hip, and one from each leg meets in back to make her spine, and the other two move to the front to make her ribcage and meet at her sternum.  Not sure how far I'll get with those this week.  I have a lot to do to get ready for Christmas this weekend, but then I have most of the next week off, so I'm ready to really throw myself into it.  Super excited.

On the downside, I peeled back a considerable amount of my thumbnail tonight.  I was using channel locks to bend the hips and it slipped off the wire and smashed into my thumb at just the right angle to tear back about a quarter of the fingernail.  Ugh.  Thankfully it's holding steady at a dull, quiet thud right now, but I have a bad feeling that's not going to last for long.  Bummer.

Oh well.  

And the obvious music selection for this post...  She's got legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment